- your preferred dates
- names of entire party
- ages if under 25
- address and telephone details
Welcome to Kittiwake CottageWe hope you enjoy looking around the website, it is packed with useful information. We hope it inspires you to come and visit. If you have any questions or specific requirements please don't hesitate to ask we will do our best to help.
Kate & Phil
The cottage is plenty spacious enough for 4 people. It is also great to have the garden and the back access to the shop for croissants in the morning.
Robert & Katharina
We are Business Members of the South West Coast Path Association & support the work they do to protect & promote the South West Coast Path.
Kittiwake Cottage is a semi-detached, mid 19th century, white-washed fisherman's cottage providing a perfect base for a wonderful holiday in all seasons.
The owners have worked hard to make sure that a holiday at Kittiwake Cottage is all you'd expect it to be; by the time you reach the front door, you'll realise that this is a very special place...and when you step inside you won't be disappointed.
Sympathetic restoration has retained or restored original features such as the fireplace, wide wooden floorboards and wooden sash windows. The cottage is well equipped, comfortably furnished and tastefully decorated using tranquil seaside colours and natural fabrics. Plentiful windows on three aspects ensure that Kittiwake is light and airy with excellent views over the valley to the sea. It's cool in summer and cosy in winter, with a log burner in the sitting room and heaters in every room.
To save you loading your car to the roof, most of the things you need for your holiday are provided, including professionally laundered, crisp cotton sheets and fluffy bath towels. A full inventory is sent before arrival or available on request.
- open fireplace with log burner
- ceiling beams & sandstone floor
- wooden sash windows with sea views
- 3 sofas
- occasional tables
- 26-inch widescreen HD LCD flat-screen TV & freeview
- DVD player
- CD player & radio with ipod/MP3 player connection
- collection of board games
- hand-painted cupboards with black granite surfaces
- quarry tiled floor
- part-glazed stable door with view to garden
- integrated dishwasher, fridge/freezer & washer/dryer
- Bosch ceramic hob and full size electric cooker
- small breakfast table and chairs
- comprehensive range of equipment, herbs & spices
- painted wooden dresser, table and chairs
- wooden windows with sea views
- stripped pine floorboards
- bookshelf with novels, maps, guides & DVDs
- two singles or a comfortable king-size bed
- wardrobe, storage chests, bedside tables
- 3 roof windows giving sea and village views
- ceiling beams
- solid oak floor
- stair gate, cot and extra child's camp bed also available
- west-facing patio perfect for evening sundowners
- wooden table, chairs & BBQ
- slate-scree, beach-style planting
- rear gate onto village green
- Entrance Porch: Quarry tiled floor, coat hooks
- Parking: Parking on the village green is preferred. A space is also available directly outside the cottage (please consider access for delivery / local vehicles if using).
- Wifi: Free wifi for guests
- Sorry - no smoking, hen or stag parties.
- Well behaved adult dogs welcome by prior arrangement.
- No extra charge for towels and linen
- Electricity and a plentiful supply of logs are provided free of charge.